living history days, spring 2013
If I could count the answers to prayer that this Spring's event held, I might run out of space. But I will share with you just a few. :)
- Every event, it is pretty vital for the ground to be dry enough for thousands of people to walk on, and damp enough for us to have fires. So this year, we got a nice big snowstorm early in the week and then it got warm...like upper 70s. The ground was perfectly damp enough for fires yet not damp enough so everyone got muddy. Huge.
- Beautiful, beautiful beautiful weather! It stayed in the 70s and clear both days! We somehow got in the middle of a really nice stretch between two snowstorms. :) One explanation to that...Jesus!
- Safety. When there are 2800 people meandering around, and when there are guns, fires, big canvas tents and all manner of 18th century tools around, it is no small thing that there were no serious injuries or mishaps.
- Focus among the volunteers. The work of the Lord in each of our personal lives has only grown and multiplied, and it is incredible to see it. The vision for the glory of God is growing in the ministry of Vision Heirs, and it is impacting everyone around.
- Successful drama. I didn't have a whole lot to do with the drama this time, but I know that there are always a lot of things that can go wrong, and especially in a very old theatre 3 stories up in a castle, there can be some funny quirks. But I know that it ran smoothly... the sound, the lights and the actors and actresses were under the sovereign Hand of God and it was evident.
Our God is good. As you go through these pictures, take some time today to simply thank Him for the blessings He has given!